Happy Wellfie Wednesday! This week is brought to you by Patrick (@TheFuelPhysio).
This tip was inspired by a recent twitter feed, as many things are. I won't go into the many health benefits of deep breathing, meditation, and mindfulness. Check out a past tip (#39: Just Breathe) for some info though. The following are iPhone or android apps that can help you start with practicing meditation, mindfulness, or beep breathing, each with its' own unique features.
- Headspace - Guided Meditation and Mindfulness
- Breathe Deep - Personal Assistant for Breathing Meditation, Pranayama Breath, and Ujjayi
- Universal Breathing - Pranayama
- Prana Breath: Calm & Meditate
- Paced Breathing - Includes a vibrating cue feature
- Stop, Breathe, Think - Guided Meditation and Mindfulness
- Buddhify - Modern Mindfulness for Busy Lives
I don't have any personal bias for any of these, I'v heard several positive things for each of them. So find which one works best for you. Enjoy!
Thanks again for all of the #WellfieWednesday support, be sure to post your pictures this week and tag the WW crew members in your post (@TheFuelPhysio, @Eric_in_AmERICa, @AaronPerezPT, @DianaKlatt, @kuhnalyssa_spt) and keep the wave of healthy change going!
- WW Crew