Dr. Patrick Berner, PT, DPT, RDN, CEAS
- Dietetic Internship, 2017
- University of Houston - Distance Dietetic Internship
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, 2016
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, St. Augustine, FL
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Student Award, Spring 16’
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics with minors in Business and Kinesiology, 2012
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette, LA
- Outstanding Graduate in College of Nursing & Allied Health, Spring 12’
Professional Licensure and Certifications
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of South Carolina, 2016 - Present
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of North Carolina, 2016 - Present
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, 2017 - Present
- CEAS, Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist (The Back School)
- CPR and First Aid Certified (American Heart Association Health Care Provider)
- American Physical Therapy Association, 2014 - Present
- South Carolina American Physical Therapy Association, 2016-Present
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2011-2013, 2016-Present
- South Carolina Dietetics Association, 2016-Present
- Academy of Prevention and Health Promotion Therapies, 2017-Present
- Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society, member since 2012
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, member since 2011
"Is Good Nutrition the New Tradition?" The Oxford Debate (Winning Team), American Physical Therapy Association's Annual NEXT Conference, Orlando, FL, 2018.
"The Fundamentals of Nutrition for Physical Therapists," Guest lecturer for the University of South Carolina's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, Columbia, SC, 2018.
"Population Health in a Physical Therapy World. It’s How WE “Transform Society”," Presentation for the South Carolina American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Charleston, SC, 2018.
"Leaving Behind the Silo and Transforming Society with Interdisciplinary Care," Presentation for the South Carolina American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Charleston, SC, 2018.
"Designing and Implementing Effective Prevention and Health Promotion Models," Continuing education course, American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2018.
- "Applying a Population Health Framework in Physical Therapist Practice - Part 1: Introduction," Webinar for the American Physical Therapy Association Learning Center, 2017.
“Innovation in Wellness.” Presentation for the South Carolina American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Greenville, SC, 2017.
“Prevention and Health Promotion in Physical Therapist’s Practice: The Time is NOW!,” Continuing education course, American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, San Antonio, TX, 2017.
- Berner P, Crossen-Sills J. Use of a health promotion and injury prevention model for a 65-year old female with osteopenia: A case report. University of St. Augustine Research Day. St. Augustine, FL. April 15, 2016.